On a public challenge from Jen over at Addition Problems, I am posting this list of my “Six All Time Favorite Songs.” I’d never walk away from a challenge, but I’m not very good at the favorite song game because I am a music junkie. I love music. I love words and instruments and voices blending together to form unique little pieces of vocal art. I have a number of “favorite songs,” so picking six…well, just know there are others.
1. “This Train,” Tret Fure
2. “As Cool as I Am,” Dar Williams
3. “The Girl With the Flyaway Hair,” Annie Gallup
4. “I Take My Chances,” Mary Chapin Carpenter
5. “Central Reservation,” Beth Orton
6. “The Wood Song,” The Indigo Girls
Part of the challenge is to pass the challenge on to other bloggers. Since I don’t have many “blog friends” and probably won’t be making any today, I challenge the following readers (who will have to post their responses in the comments section–sorry, but it’s the best I can do at the moment):