You’re familiar with trail mix, right? A bunch of random food items thrown into the same bag, uniting as a single product? Little of this, little of that. That’s what this post is: trail mix.
Note: I started this post during a slow stretch on Friday afternoon. The slow stretch quickly turned into an avalanche and I wasn’t able to finish the post, so I’m pretending that it’s still Friday. Humor me.
- Photo Fridays. Calliope has launched the very cool “Friday Photo Post.” If you are interested in joining and you aren’t a Calliope reader, why AREN’T you a Calliope reader? Go here and here and find out how to join the fun.
- Florida bus/truck/car accident. In the last article I read about the seven Florida children who were killed when an 18-wheeler rammed their car into the back of a stopped school bus, authorities did not seem particularly alarmed [enough for my taste] about the fact that the driver of the car was a 15 year-old girl. The police statement went something like this: “Even if an adult had been in the car everyone still would have been killed.” Okay, fine, but has it occurred to anyone that if an ADULT hadn’t allowed a CHILD to drive a car, the accident might never have occurred? Or that the deaths of those seven children are on the hands of whomever gave that little girl the keys? Am I the only one whose jaw is still on the floor over this?
- Flickr. I am now addicted to Flickr (please check out my photos via the link to your right), but I’ve reached my monthly upload limit and am distressed because I have several more photos to add. If you are a Flickr user and you’ve gone Pro, tell me…should I do it? Is it worth it? Also, how do you identify the camera used to take your pictures? I’ve clicked every link and read every message, and still I cannot figure out how to do this.
- The deer incident. After three days of pretending nothing out of the ordinary happened at my school earlier this week, the on-staff resource officer finally sent a notice to the faculty acknowledging that something bad happened and assuring us that he is investigating it. He thinks he knows who is responsible. Principal has yet to say a word about the incident.
- The tunnel o’ pot. Have you HEARD about this?
- The wonder that is liquid echinacea. I’m feeling much better now, and I credit orange juice spiked with liquid echinacea. My glands are now back to a relatively normal size, and I do not ache like someone who has been beaten with a stick. Buy yourself some.